Saturday 9 November 2013

Welcome to The World of Fighting Fantasy

Welcome to The World of Fighting Fantasy! In this blog, I hope to explore the classic gamebook series, Fighting Fantasy (FF), and its main world, Titan, from many angles - looking at the books themselves, their characters, lands, rules and items, the ideas and sources behind them, and the editors, authors, illustrators, digital games and websites that form the wider world of FF. I may even do some reviews and play-throughs, and if I hear any news about FF I'll post it here. In fact, anything and everything to do with FF. I may occasionally talk about other gamebook series and fantasy novels and films too, but the main focus will be on FF.

And "Who am I?", I hear you ask. My names is Warren (though I normally go by the handle Paltogue in online FF circles). I'm a long time fan of the series (from the mid 80s), and have been an active member of the online FF community since the early 00s. I am a regular contributor on the Yahoo! discussion groups Fighting Fantasy gamebooks and titan_rebuilding, to the Fighting Fantazine forum, and am one of the founders and main editors of the FF wiki, Titannica. I have also been a regular contributor to the FF fanzine, Fighting Fantazine, including the mini-adventure In Search of the Mungies' Gold in issue 4 (a solo adventure inspired by Steve Jackson's multi-player adventure of the same name in Warlock 5). My favourite FF book is probably Kharé - Cityport of Traps, and my favourite FF character is Beshbalik.

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear what you think about the topics I discuss; an internet connection and some kind of computer/tablet/phone are all you need!

7 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Good luck with your new blog. I'll be interested to see what you post in due course.

    Best wishes

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon, good to see you here!

      Delete
  2. Just testing water here. Is there a follow you option somewhere? I might have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hynreck! I think I've justed added the gadget for that. Let me know of it works. Best, Warren.

      Delete
    2. Great, thanks! Good to see you here.

      Delete
  3. From far in the future, looking forward to checking out your entries.

    ReplyDelete